We are proud of all the magnificent fundraising efforts which have been achieved since the launch of Free for All in October 2013. These are just a few of the highlights…Our ‘Superstars’ at the Half Marathon
Events have included the Free for All Music Festivals at the Colchester Arts Centre, entering teams into the Colchester Half Marathon (raising over £14,000 over the last 4 years), hosting a Curriculum Conference for local schools, annual Christmas concerts with the Colchester Accordion Showband. Classes have raised money by running enterprise initiatives and performing summer concerts, showing entrepreneurial skills and a competitive spirit between classes.
The choir have entertained shoppers in the town centre singing Christmas carols and local businesses have made donations.
We are grateful for all the efforts of staff, pupils and parents. Thanks to the generous support of everyone who has worked and donated to the campaign we have been able to provide:
- Year 4 free music lessons and loan of instruments for a year – guitar, saxophone, clarinet, flute or violin
- Two music scholarships each year, awarded to children in Year 5 who have made the most of the opportunities in music in Year .
- Year 6 free coach travel to Weymouth and back for the residential trip
- Trips to Colchester Zoo (Reception), Stansted Airport (Key Stage 1), Layer Marney Tower and Mersea and Walton (Key Stage 2).
- Visits from storytellers and authors are regularly booked, giving children the opportunity to participate in interactive performances.
- Breakfast Fitness Clubs
Visit this page throughout the year to find out more about what is being funded and see how we are getting on.